Provide Primary and Secondary Structures Design and Analysis:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years direct experience (space launch vehicle experience is preferred).
- Perform basic structural analysis in HyperMesh, Patran/Nastran, HPC (high performance computing), Linux Cluster, and NASGRO to develop the structural environment, and performance for the Space Launch System.
- Support test execution, analyze test results, and produce reports to validate and verify that systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate the requirements are satisfied
- Review of hazard report failure causes for adequacy of proposed vehicle or hardware related controls (testing, design, operations, launch commit criteria, etc.)
- Structural and finite element analysis using code such as Patran/Nastran and Abaqus
- Perform static, fatigue, fracture and damage tolerance analysis of metallic and composite primary and secondary structure
- Development of structural test plans
- Structural configuration, optimization and sizing
- Review of pre-test predictions and post-test data
- Prepare data review content and presentation materials
- Assess requirements relative to design, test, and construction standards
- Support design documentation review
- Assess zero fault tolerance variances relative to components and systems requirements
- Assess flight components and systems using a “7 Elements for Flight Rationale” approach
- Assess hardware non-conformances
- Support flight hardware verification data review (Acceptance Test Procedures, End-item data packages, Qualification Test Reports, and Analysis packages)
- Support Engineering, Safety, Technical Review, and Program Control Boards, as well as Technical Interchange Meetings
- Assess risks through review of documents, such as fracture control plans, oxygen compatibility assessments
- Review proposed changes to component designs or manufacturing processes, and assess the increase or decrease in flight safety
- Travel may be required for hardware hardware/process inspections, Product Assurance Actions, tests (component, engines, vehicle stages)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical).
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: kordHR@kordtechnologies.com or call: (256) 489-2346
Location: Huntsville, AL