Sr. Systems Engineer
General Job Overview:
The Sr. Systems Engineer will independently perform unusually complex engineering tasks for management and/or the customer involving application of advanced engineering principles, theories, and technical concepts that require extensive scientific/engineering knowledge, experience, and ingenuity. Usually performs as a project lead on advanced projects. Based on broad objectives from management, independently analyzes, evaluates, and integrates solutions to unusually complex technical problems. Encourages optimum design within customer specifications, quality standards, schedule, and funding limitations. Performs complex analysis on projects or major phases of significant projects to enhance the technical and economic development of the product and/or service.
- Support requirements definition, design, prototyping, development, integration, testing, and delivery.
- Work in both a team environment and independently to perform the following tasks
- Design and integration of complex hardware solutions to the chassis or system level
- Analog and digital circuit design including schematic capture (Altium or ORCAD experience desired)
- Hands-on testing and troubleshooting of electronic equipment at both the board, chassis, and system level in both the laboratory and in the field
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of technicians and engineers through the build and integration of complex custom and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware solutions
- Lead and conduct RF technology trade studies to determine the most cost effective and capable solutions for our customers
- Participate in and/or lead technical peer reviews and customer reviews such as requirements reviews and preliminary/critical design reviews
- Experience with standard test equipment (such as spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers oscilloscopes, and network analyzers) and a solid working knowledge of RF theory is required.
- Familiarity with FPGA programming (Verilog or VHDL) is a plus
- Lead the evaluation of off-the-shelf EO/IR components for suitability to meet performance and capabilities requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active clearance. Active Secret Clearance Preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering + 15 years of experience, or master’s degree + 13 years of experience, or PhD + 10 years of experience
- Associate's Degree plus 2 years of experience is equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of Military technical training is equivalent to an Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree plus two years of experience is equivalent to a Master's Degree.
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: kordHR@kordtechnologies.com or call: (256) 489-2346
Location: Huntsville, AL