Front End Developer
General Job Overview:
Kord is looking for a Front-End Developer who can utilize JavaFX to develop user interface (UI) for the High Energy Laser (HEL) program. The candidate will need to be capable of receiving user feedback to create and improve upon an intuitive UI. Experience with game development and UI design a plus. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years in developing interactive applications.
- Experience in Java and JavaFX.
- C++ experience would be nice to have.
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications.
- Comfort with Source Control (Git), Testing Frameworks (JUnit) and Building Tools (Gradle)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Must have or be able to get and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: kordHR@kordtechnologies.com or call: (256) 489-2346
Location: Huntsville, AL