Model Based Systems Engineer
General Job Overview:
Kord Technologies is actively seeking experienced Systems Engineers with experience and expertise performing model-based systems engineering (MBSE). The candidate will be responsible for using MBSE tools, practices, and methodologies to support mission-critical acquisition program engineering milestones and contract deliverables. The candidate will perform multiple engineering, modeling, design, and analysis tasks across multiple engineering disciplines and operational contexts including:
- Modeling and analysis of electronic and communications equipment, hardware, and software with respect to cybersecurity and nuclear surety
- Modeling and analysis of avionics system architecture, hardware & software designs and interface specifications;
- Modeling and analysis of launch control systems and supporting infrastructure, hardware, and software with respect to risk management framework (RMF), cybersecurity, and nuclear surety
- Modeling, integrating and interfacing with Air Vehicle Equipment and Command and Control Equipment
- Support for Systems Integration and Test and Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Software architecture, modeling, design and development.
- RF Communications systems modeling, design, and analysis.
- Application of model-based systems engineering methodologies to produce engineering work products, analyses, and reports to support major and interim engineering milestones and decision points such as Systems Readiness Reviews, Cost Capability reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, Systems Functional Reviews, and Preliminary Design Reviews.
- Application of model-based systems engineering methodologies to develop reports, plans, trade studies, and analyses engineering artifacts and contract deliverables such as Software Development Plans and Technology Readiness Level (TRL) assessments.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience performing Systems Engineering tasks in support of defense, federal, or intelligence community programs
- Extensive experience applying model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools and methodologies to analyze, model, design, and develop integrated systems
- Fluency in key MBSE tools, languages, standards, and methodologies required, such as SysML, UML, DoDAF, MagicDraw, Rational Rhapsody, Papyrus
- Certification in key MBSE tools, languages, standards and practices preferred
- Experience in one or more engineering domains preferred, such as electrical engineering, software engineering, RF communications, nuclear weapons surety, cybersecurity, aeronautical and missile systems engineering
- Experience with Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Minute Man III, Single Stimulation Framework (SSF) and similar Air Force and MDA programs is preferred.
- Experience modeling Inertial Measurement Units is preferred
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools such as simulink, matlab, and autocode experience is preferred.
- Cybersecurity engineering experience of cross domain solutions is preferred.
- Experience working under multiple engineering process models and life cycle models preferred, including CMMI, ISO9001, AS9100, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SaFE), Rational Unified Process
- Must be able to maintain a security clearance at least at the Secret level (required) or Top Secret level (preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.