Systems Architect (Huntsville, AL & Aberdeen, MD)
General Job Overview:
The Command and Control architect will synthesize the next generation architecture in collaboration with a government client. The architect is expected to execute the government's statement of work to develop a low cost, low risk, mature solution that is compliant with the Weapon System Specification (WSS) requirements and aligned with the government's vision as articulated in the solicitation and Government Provided Architectural Elements (GPAE). The C2 architect will interact with the customer and their representatives to communicate the architecture and approach and be receptive to their feedback. The architect will lead a diverse team of multiple technical disciplines to structure and lead top level analyses and trades. Communicates the output of critical trade studies, and design decisions. With the MBSE system, develops and presents the SRR, CCTIM, PDR and CDR for the C2 System Develops and manages the program risk for the C2 system.
- Recent experience in working with the DOD, preferably with the Air Force regarding the implementation of weapons system architecture for a complex system.
- Recent experience in working with the DOD, preferably with the Air Force on operational command and control and related development activities.
- Experience with all aspects of command and control architectures including networks and communication, particularly in a cyber-secure environment.
- Experience with architecting a C2 system with nuclear surety provisions would be beneficial.
Experience with system architecture development, topology and structure. Must have demonstrated ability to lead and conduct system trade studies and assessments.
Experience with Model Based System Engineering is beneficial as this is a key element of the program. Working knowledge of SysML/UML is also preferred.
Experience leading teams of diverse skill sets to integrate major subsystems into system design. This will include shaping and articulating the architecture vision and collaborating with customers and key stakeholders in molding the vision.
- Experience as a technical leader with authority to approve and implement changes to the technical design baseline.
- Experience leading network design and configuration teams.
Operational experience in Strategic Missile Defense, NASA Space Exploration, Army Aviation/Missiles, or other relevant complex systems.
- Experience with Ground-Based Mid-course Defense (GMD), Minute Man (MMIII), Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS), Single Stimulation Framework (SSF) and other Missile Systems are a plus.
- Skills in RF communications are preferred.
- Electrical Engineering Experience is a plus.
- Must have a minimum of a Secret Clearance.
- Must be eligible for a Top Secret Clearance (preferred) and/or SCI.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.