General Job Overview:
The Systems Engineering position will support requirements development and traceability, system architecture design and documentation, development of Model-Based System Engineering models and simulations, and hardware and software integration and testing. The System Engineer will work closely with all program functional areas, with customers, and with subcontractors as part of working groups and integrated product teams to ensure mission success.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years direct experience
- Works self-directed and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Develops MBSE models to capture requirements, document the system design, identify and document hardware and software interfaces, human-machine interfaces, data flows, and states and modes.
- Develops MBSE-based use-cases and simulations as input to hardware and software development, integration and test activities.
- Assists in the review, development, and revisions of systems engineering documentation such as System and Subsystem Performance Specifications, System-Level Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Leads trade studies and system performance and design evaluations.
- Supports the development of CONOPS/OPCONS and mission analysis.
- Develops and presents technical materials such as System Architecture Diagrams, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) Analyses.
- Coordinates system engineering efforts across multiple subcontractors.
- Provides input to the testing of system and subsystems in Software and Hardware-in-the-Loop environments and on operational hardware during system development and in preparation of demonstrations and fielding.
- Supports Systems Engineering portions of proposal-writing efforts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Systems Engineering Processes with a minimum two years of experience with MBSE tools such as Magic Draw, Integrity Modeler, or Rhapsody is required.
- Experience with integration of MBSE tools and other tools a plus: requirements management tools such as DOORS or Life-Cycle Manager, systems engineering tools such as MATLAB or LABView, and Windchill configuration management suite.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: kordHR@kordtechnologies.com or call: (256) 489-2346