Quality - Engineering Technician
General Job Overview:
The Quality - Engineering Technician will be involved in prototype development, fabrication, testing, and prototype laboratory operation. The successful candidate will be focused on performing various dimensional and reverse engineering inspections using FARO Arm technology, standard measurement tools, as well as phased array ultrasonic inspection of composite laminates, and structural testing of various pressure vessels and missile airframe structures. The successful candidate will be assigned responsibilities which may involve the inspection of composite, plastic, metallic, elastomeric, or ceramic structures, as well as chemical inventory tracking, gauge calibration tracking, and environmental waste stream management. The applicant may also be assigned fabrication tasks when assistance is required in the prototype shop. The applicant must have the ability to interface efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing with co-workers, customers and management.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative required
- Thoroughness and attention to detail required
- History of practical, hands-on work required
- Ability to work cooperatively with others required
- Experience with phased array ultrasonic inspection and/or FARO arm inspections a plus
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures for processes and equipment
- Experience with fabrication of composite structures & rocket motor insulation a plus
- Experience with wet filament winding and hand lay-up of composite pressure vessels a plus
- US Citizenship required and current DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: HR1@kordtechnologies.com or call: (256) 489-2346