General Job Overview:
The CAD Designer is responsible for the operation of a Computer Aided Design (CAD) computer and software (SolidWorks) system, including creating, updating and modifying part geometry and drawings. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment and may also be required to take on additional responsibilities, such as working with 3D printer technology.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Thoroughness and attention to detail required
- Technical capacity & problem solving/basic analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Must be capable of learning new concepts quickly and efficiently
- Experience applying ASME Y14.5-2009 standard to drawing creation
- Demonstrated ability to create and modify 3D models and 2D drawing prints using parametric modeling software
- May assist engineers in developing hardware designs and layouts, when necessary
- Works closely with engineering and analysis staff to lay out concepts & update existing designs
- Works with analysts to prepare 2D and 3D CAD models for use in thermal and structural analysis
- Associate in Science, Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
Kord Technologies offers a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, STD and LTD insurance.
Kord Technologies is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Disability Accessibility Accommodation: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call: (256) 489-2346